It’s time: The most beautiful bridal & bridal mother traditions collected from us wedding photographers
Wedding, hurray! Some say that the decision that gets married is the easiest at the entire wedding process. The feelings that belong to the planning range from huge joy to pure stress. What is the role of the bride mother, and how do you honour her with respect to the celebration? Ode to the mama, dear brides!
Probably the most sentimental and, perhaps, the most beautiful, tradition of the bride and the bride mother includes neat fabric – more precisely a dress or a veil. Do you honour your own mother as a bride by wearing her wedding dress?
Well, it depends. In most cases, Mom’s wedding dress is no longer contemporary and the bride actually wants a dress in a completely different style. Or something modern. If you know that your mother sincerely rejoice, or even expects you to go in her dress before the altar, a good change tailoring can, however, cause all sorts of things.
If you want to wear Mommy’s gown from the heart, this works best with a dress in a timeless style – and in perfect condition. We can not say it often enough: You may also look into your wedding album in 10, 15 and 40 years and can sincerely say: I had the most beautiful wedding dress on earth – and it suits ME!
Mom’s outfit – who’s decision?
The choice of clothes (luckily and rightly!) Is mostly about the taste of the daughter, and the mother takes her step back. If the daughter decides, instead of the dress Mamas veil to attract, any bad waves are usually also smoothed again.
By the way: If you want to make mum happy, then take her to the wedding dress shop. This has the advantage that you are guaranteed an honest opinion and she has the opportunity to say “yes” to the new dress. Win win! In some cultures, it is even a tradition that the bride mother pays the dress and all the accessories – clearly that the right to be a fellow-speaker.
* Almost * just as important as the wedding dress is the outfit of mum. As soon as the wedding dress, the wedding colours, flowers and bridesmaid dresses are at least determined theoretically, the mother and daughter will discuss what mummy should wear for the wedding.
Mr.Bridemama is supposed to stand out from other guests, and with her outfit she can certainly show how proud she is of her daughter. It is particularly beautiful when her outfit compliments the style of the wedding. Nevertheless it will beautifully appear on our wedding photos, especially on the group pictures.
Mama – you are welcome to do this
Mostly, no one knows the bride as well as her own mother – and no one wishes her more happiness in the world. It is a matter of note that Mama looks after the wedding preparations and stands by her daughter if cold feet or other stress symptoms are noticeable.
In short, Mama is traditionally allowed to:
- The co-ordination of the Guest list and the table arrangement: Nobody knows the kinship as well as they do – and usually she is also the one that has all the addresses together
- She is part of the selection of the location: it often helps the bride and groom when the mother makes a point of finding a place where relatives and friends are involved
- Different cultures, different traditions: Mama mostly knows what wedding ceremonies are a “must” for their own ethnic background
- Often, she can take on administrative tasks: she is a contact person for service providers, or can take over hotel and / or flight bookings
- She is the strong shoulder during and after the wedding preparations
- One of our favourites: Mum may remind the bride how special she is and assure her that she is the most beautiful bride in the world
In addition, explained in more detail:
- Sits the mum in the first row at the wedding ceremony
- And knows the dance tradition: Who with whom and who first?
When you get married in church, the bride and groom (and the close family) traditionally sits in the front row, and after the wedding ceremony, she is also the first (after the priest) to leave the church behind the bride and groom. The wedding company knows who the closest relatives of the bride and groom are. The Bride parents have a small priority in front of the grooms company.
Receptionists and lads
After the wedding ceremony: Celebrate wonderful. Traditionally the parents of the bride are the hosts of the champaign reception, and therefore also responsible for the reception, greeting and welcome of the guests.
Honour to those, whom honour due
Some brides honour their mothers during the wedding celebration – with the surrender of flowers, or a ritual that celebrates the union of two families. A popular version: the bride and the groom light a candle, which the mother holds in her hands. Sometimes the family also lights a main candle together in the centre of the table – flanked by poetry, musical pieces or beautiful words, which the parents want to give to the couple. A moment that gives time to pause – touching.
Dance legs: dance traditions on stage
The first dance is also a tradition highlight for many couples. Some practice the standard roll, others put on a complete dance show: the “Bridal dance” is an exciting indicator of how the newly-weds want to see and be perceived as a couple and of course the expression of the new association.
After the brethren, the party goes on, and the parents of the bride are usually the first on the dance floor – the father can dance with the bride, the mother with the groom. After a few rounds, the parents of the groom may join and encourage the wedding company to put on the plaster.
What traditions are there with you and your cultures? What do you think – traditions are important at all or are they completely overhauled? What would you like to miss? Please write us a comment, we are really excited.