6 Tips for your right outfit choice to your Engagement photos with your wedding photographer
If you have recently whispered your fiancé a “yes” to his big question, then you will have to deal, sooner or later with the wedding photos. You know that you want to have stunning wedding photos that are not too posed, they should be natural and spontaneous. You also might know you want an engagement photo shoot, often called an e-session.
But how do you make sure that the photos are going to be great?
It is not just about the arts of photographers, the light or at the location; In fact, your choice of clothes can contribute a lot to the successful photo shooting and perfect photos. Whether you want to make your photos for the “save-the-date” cards, wedding homepage or even for the official invitation cards of your wedding, we’ve put together some tips to dress up right for the e-session. The most important thing: it should be fun! Photographing the e-session photos is a chance for us to get to know each other, or globally said, to get to know your very best wedding photographer. We personally don’t like so much the over posed pictures. We prefer to play in natural situations, casual, free and spontaneous. In addition to all these things, there are some things you can contribute yourself.
- Choose your outfit early – no collection of clothes on the day of the shoot
- Bring several things with you, maybe there is a possibility to change clothes and change.
- Make sure your clothes match the location and season. Winter, snow and mountains or summer lake and beach or even evening dress old town and wine. Every situation – a different outfit!
- Stay true to your style unique style
- no eye-catching patterns, trademarks or inscription
- Keep in mind that you want to capture your beautiful moments between you and express your love.
Involve your environment
It is especially nice for us as photographers to photograph couples in places that mean something to you. Is the place where you met you the very first time, suitable? Or rather the one where you had your first date?
Usually we ask the couple what vibe and feel they want to capture, and then we sometimes give decision support for a location. In addition, we give a few tips on choosing clothes: If it goes to the countryside, shirt and jeans are a good choice, in the city the stilettos are allowed.
Show your sugar-side
Is there a part of the body that you particularly like (or that your partner really loves?) Then don’t be afraid to stage this part of the body as well. She has the legs of a gazelle? Then she should rock the mini dress. He has upper arms like Schwarzenegger? Out with the muscle shirt, a loose sweater is a waste.
Wear what you love
If you don’t like the typically stylish City E-Sessions, then take your favorite casual clothes out of the closet. Definitely choose something that makes you feel right at the countryside. You do not like a dress so much? Then do not wear one! Maybe a jumpsuit is the right solution.
Of course, you wear your wedding dress only on the wedding day, but we like the idea of a romantic white little dress very well – especially in a country house setting.
Depending on where your session takes place, you can consciously use patterns or bright colours. For example, if you’re posing in a barn or an old church, then such as orange, green, or yellow (flower in your hair, tie, floral dress, etc.) can look great. Even if one of you is dressed discreetly, the other one can apply a little thicker – contrasts are great on e-session photos. Don’t be shy in front of your photographer, he will explain you what to do, have fun!
The engagement session is a great way to try out a professional look: if you’re already there, you can have your hair and make-up done professionally, after all, such a shoot is not free. The more dazzling you feel, the merrier that comes across in the photos.
Of course you do not have to wear the same rain jackets * wink, but that’s awesome *, but if you can give a line to your outfit, do not hesitate to do that as well. We find that this couple has solved the mega-madness perfectly:
Some Engagement Photo Outfit & Location Ideas: From the point of view of a wedding photographer
Every season has its charm, and of course we cannot choose a clear winner. Choose a season that suits you as a couple and that you personally like the most. The early starters among you who booked their wedding photographers a year before (praise, praise!), Have much more leeway. The photos can be created before Christmas, or in January, February. Then the pictures can easily be scheduled on the invitation cards.
But now we start with the hot season …
Most summer E-sessions take place outside. The warm weather is inviting and evenings or mornings provide great lighting effects for us wedding photographers. Incredibly beautiful photos we have often shot during a sunrise, be it in the city or in the country, the morning hour has something unique.
- On the beach or at the lake: Go barefoot! If you want to be photographed outside, usually flat shoes, loose, summer-light clothing or summery patterns and fabrics are great. When you’re on the water, you cannot go wrong with the nautical look. The beauty of barefoot photos is that they complement the laid-back vibe of the boot styles.
- Autumn is a dream for us wedding photographers. In late summer and autumn, the colors of nature are unbeatable. The days are usually clearer and you can already work with other materials: longer sleeves, layered look or knitwear. When we take photos outdoors in the fall, we like dark orange, red and brown tones very well.
- Winter is the season for cocktail parties … among other things! Why not dress up properly, and get the cocktail dress out of the closet? Great comes a white cocktail dress with noble heels. Do you already see yourself in front of the fire on a beautiful carpet?
- If you want to be photographed outdoors in the winter, the right winter accessories will set the stage. Red cheeks and bobble hats, for example. Swiss dream location, mountains, snow … that always results super in photos and is a unique fun! On our Pinterest page we have collected numerous examples on this topic. Take a look! Anyway, Pinterest is a must to collect ideas or simply be inspired.
- Spring is the meaning of a new beginning – which season is better for celebrating your early marriage? Pastel shades are beautiful in spring, as are delicate flower patterns or dreamy details. We think of flower wreaths, ethno outlets and hip playbooks. Boho-style and so much more. Spring is actually the main season for taking pictures of e-session photos. Because there is still time to use the pictures, and give the people on Facebook ever a little tip what can be expected to happen this year!