Have we really thought of everything? And what else is important to you on your wedding day – besides the “I do’s”
Today it is about nothing less than the time of coronation of every great love: the day of the wedding. It is clear that everything has to go smooth and perfect. But: Can at least be one or another mistake be charming? We’ve put together a list that will save you from the biggest fuss. In addition, we asked you: what is the most important thing to you on your weddingday – apart from saying “Yes, I do”, of course?
- 1. Getting to the wedding location
Your guest flock to your wedding from near and far, and you have decided to marry in a small hamlet far from any road signs? Then please send a travel map or plan with your invitations. Do not forget that family Petersen does not have a GPS, and anyway they are likely to forget where they should go. Send with the map a emergency phone number, which people can call. Not yours, obviously. And if you want to be on the safest side, you can also describe the ways to your wedding location by sings to follow on the streets.
- 2. The wedding reception
“You only got one chance to make the first impression!” The first one is the most formative. Make sure your guests feel comfortable from the very beginning. Design the entrance area personally an to match the location and the wedding theme. Great opportunity we ones experienced at a huge, big wedding: In the matching colour scheme dressed and styled hostesses were welcoming the guests, showed them the seating arrangement, and the program points, and look after any question and concerns. That the Bridal couple was relaxed this way, that’s clear.
- 3. React cool to any surprise action
You have planned everything well and clearly. Nevertheless, it can be exactly those moments of surprise that you want to remember years later.Perhaps in this very special moment its not so funny that a bird flies on Aunt Emily’s shoulder… But her facial expression and the moment itself on the photos… is priceless. Preserves peace and react loosely to every small mistake – it can be really charming – for example when the flowergirl or bridesmaid throw up all the flowers at once and stand in the middle of a flower blossom rain. Is there someone in your circle of friends who is spontaneous and calm? He or she already might solved one or another problem easily? So you might want to ask him or her if she can be the moderator of your event or just to guide the guests through the daily program. But generally, we recommend always to hire a professional Master of Ceremony for your wedding, it really is worth it!
- 4. Kindergarden
Some of your guests will be, one or two years, in front of you, and have children. Do not forget to organize an entertainment program for kids. It would be a pity if the quietest part of the ceremony would be interrupted by the kids who doesn’t feel well in the same time. This part of the ceremony takes only 10-15 minutes, but even for the whole day we recommend: Set up a DVD-corner, a play corner with toys or even a place where the little ones can sleep and rest. An experienced babysitter for a few hours, and everyone can celebrate undisturbed until the morning.
- 5. The phone list
We have already mentioned it at point 1: Have emergency numbers of all cases in one list with more copies. In addtion prepare one for your weddingplanner, for the wedding photographer and videographer, catering manager, and all the people who are involved in the important cornerstones of the wedding. If any mishap should happen, this list will save you enormous time and nerves. Professional wedding planers and master of ceremony’s will be a great help and take all the pain from you away.
- 6. The stylish finish
You have organized the entire day. The reception was great, the speeches entertaining, and you were even brave and laughing with the surprise shows of your maids.And now the wedding-party is simply dispersed? Make your wedding come to an end in an elegant way, round it up by risking lanterns in the air, or some fireworks will work well and give your guests their wedding thank-you-gifts in person.
- 7. The shining Bride and the charming Groom
A very important point: smile! No matter what happens, there is nothing more adorable when one can smile about a mistake and pass by a problem elegantly. This even will look great on wedding photos. You really must let go all of the organisational things by the wedding morning. Let the authorized helpers, friends and professional wedding service providers do their job. Lean back and simply assume and believe that you have done everything right in the past planning months. Enjoy your day.
We asked Bridal couples about: What was the most important thing for your wedding day? These are your top 5:
- The Ceremony: It have to be personal and should be religiously inspired, in the ideal case funny and with some charming show presentation. And if it possible it should not take too long.
- The wedding photos, which have to capture all the important wedding moments. The Bride and Groom usually realizes that the day has just passed by so fast. Normally it can not be everywhere and receive all impressions of the day, so because of that it is a must to hire a professional photographer who is able to document, as we used to say: what stays after the wedding, beside the rings, are the photos and videos.
- The wedding guests have to feel comfortable: Of course all of us wants the guests to go home with the “that-was-a-great-wedding” feeling. People should cry with us and laugh minutes later together, they should feel amused and celebrate from the bottom of their hearts.
- The wedding dress: Oh, the Bride is here and the show is her’s. Let’s be honest: the wedding day is also the day of the weddingdress.
- Good weather: Everyone wants bright sunshine and warm temperatures, which is quite unpredictable in our Alpine region around Switzerland. However, we have already met couples who have been so extracted and blessed by their happiness, that the pouring rain has not minded them at all. On the contrary: towards the end of the ceremony held outside in the garden, we used wind and weather to create a series of very unique and intimate wedding photos.
What matters you the most on your wedding day? Do you have any other points? Let us know and expand out statistics!