Today we try to reveal how to figure out which wedding location suits the most and how you can get your dream location. For this we have collected the top tips on how to choose the perfect location plus the decisive criteria in the location selection. Also on top: a finest selection of our favourite Venue’s
“Once upon a time…
one thing was the beautiful already as a small child girl totally clear. She wants to be married in the small mountain chapel, near the place she grew up. It has to be familiar. In the evening, the celebration should be in the pompous castle, quite elegant it has to be…” Yes, the Bride dreamed, and immediately she began with the phone calls, almost two years in advance, did the fairy-tale bride get her dream location? She did, because she was early enough!
One thing we emphasize in our blog articles all the time, over and over again: The weddinglocation is fundamental, which can unfortunately also cause the most trouble. Beautiful locations are rare and often booked out long time in advance. Therefore we recommend, that you already think about the place of celebration, right after your eased your darlings “Yes”. Then you are on the safe side and can devote yourselves to the other planning tasks.
What kind of Location are you looking for?
And how do you find your dream location at all? Not that easy! Of course there are no patent recipes, because we are all different and have different interests. But you can do it all right if you consider the priorities for you and your wedding. Compile a list of the most important points. Decide if you are looking for a place the specializes exclusively in weddings (hotels, wedding venue”s, etc.), or if you want a rather unconventional place.
The most popular venue’s are:
- Castles, palaces and villas
- Luxurious Hotels
- Mountain huts
- Hangar, shipyard
- Old warehouse halls
- Boats or ships
- Art gallery’s
- Old cathedrals, monastery halls
On a priority list for the venue, there are various points that help you get a quick overview of whether your idea is suitable for the wedding location.
A priority list can contain the following:
- How many wedding guests will celebrate with you?
- Can the ceremony take place on the spot or do you have to think about transport to the church or chapel?
- Do they provide accommodations and are there enough parking places?
- Catering: Does the house offer possibilities or do you have to organize externally?
- Very important: Are the lighting conditions of the location good for wedding photos? (clarify these points with your wedding photographer)
- What are the booking conditions (do the guests have to be outside by midnight) and what about the cancellation rules?
If these points are clarified, you should quickly arrange visits and – if possible – arrange the tables temporarily and check to see if there is enough room for guests, kids, Djs and dance floor. Finding the right table order can be rather demanding.
Are there actually locations that are better for photography than others?
Bridal couples have often the wish of extraordinary, pompous and special wedding locations. This is understandable. But sometimes it just have to be quite and intimate. It is almost our manifesto that it is not only the location, which makes a wedding (and the amazing photos). It does not have to be always something gigantic in the background. We firmly believe that an intimate place with mountains or picturesque scenes in the background or, for example, a small pond can suffice to put into the scene is what really counts: the love, and sparkle between two people who soon or just on that day are going to be united. Nevertheless, we are of course open to any extreme ideas. For example, were able to capture weddingphotos at sunrise. The special thing was that we photographed on the edge of massive rocks. Adrenaline rush included! There was also an underwater shooting. This is, of course, a lot of fun, but as we would like to emphasize again, a completely “unspectacular” location can be just as beautiful as any other place for amazing wedding photos.
From the point of view of the wedding photographer: Are there any locations that we not recommend?
This leads us to a much more important point than the location itself: Note, which is the decisive for your wedding photos is a different factor. For pictures with the “certain something plus” – the timing is much more important then the place. Sunsets, sunrises… these kind of lighting circumstances in the photos are the ones that really create special scenes.
Because of that we do not say no, to any location – there are always ways to present you and your love in a beautiful mode.
Wedding locations – a short selection of our personal favourite ones:
We are grateful that we were able to work on many event locations in Switzerland and abroad as well in the past few years. But there are some that stands out. We would like to introduce you here. This is our personal opinion and experience, not a sponsorship or something like that.
Four of many beautiful wedding locations in Switzerland are:
- 1. Giardino Verde in Zurich on the Üetliberg. This location creates amazing scenes: this is a greenhouse, free for ceremonies, receptions and the complete wedding dinner. Ample space for many guests, and provides a professional service.
- 2. Art Deko Hotel Montana in Lucerne: A breathtaking view, a great house with history and character and a beautiful terrace.
- 3. The Grand Hotel Quellenhof in Bad Ragaz: A luxurious location for all needs, embedded in a first-class landscape.
- Traumgarten in the middle of an old tree stand on the edge of Thalwil. A very natural location, which is a real jewel, as we find.
This list could, of course, be continued, until the end of times. There are countless beautiful wedding venues and locations. So we have asked ourselves, of course: in which locations are you going to celebrate? Do you have any recommendations? What is the most important for you about a wedding location? We are looking forward to your opinion. And do not forget: Have fun and enjoy your location no matter where you celebrate. It is your day!